Friday, January 8, 2010

Gatsby moving rubbers

Hey everyone!  Hope you all are finding this site useful :)

Now that I've uploaded the 600+ photos (I'll keep adding and organising as I go), it's time to move on to the second part of my little project - reviewing hair products.  Hopefully I'll be working on this part and my third part which is to make DIY videos on cutting (thinning, layering and shaping) and styling hair.

Alrighteo, I thought I'd start with the most well known hair product - the Gatsby moving rubber series.  I'll just give you guys a quick rundown on the seven different types.  Note that the usual size they come in is 80g.

Pink (Spiky Edge):  Maximum holding power so that, as the name suggests, you can spike you hair.  However, because of the strength of it, make sure you give your hair a good wash to rinse it all out.  A plus is that you don't need to apply hairspray with this because alone, it'll give your spikes enough definition and shape.  Good for oily hair as the minimum shine won't make your hair look even shineir. The smell divides people, some people love it, others hate it.  Ideal for short, layered cuts. 



Purple (WIld Shake):  Slightly weaker hold and more shine than the spiky edge.  All in all very similar - purple is designed for medium short hair whereas pink is for short hair.  Only significant styling difference is that pink produces more defined spikes.  If you have short hair - I'd only go for pink or purple, not both.
Green (Air Rise):  Personally, I use green fairly often, the air rise is good for a nice clean look.  It's great for when your hair is too long to spike and you don't want to just leave it flat.  Put a bit of this stuff in your hair, a few sprays of hairspray, and you're good to go!

 


Orange (Loose Shuffle):  Like the pink and purple, I would only go for either the green or the orange as they are pretty similar (the orange is for longer hair).  Both give a boost in volume and the results are pretty much the same.  Just a note that most of the people I know use green over the orange.

 
Yellow (Nuance Motion):  Personally, I'd not bother with the yellow one.  Because it caters for all lengths of hair, it doesn't have the specific properties required to acheive most hairstyles.  All in all, very weak hold and I would recommend pink, purple, green or orange before considering yellow. 


Grey (Grunge Mat):  Grey is my favourite - it gives a natural look because it doesn't make your hair shinier.  I found it to be fairly versatile; you can spike your hair or give your hair more volume, it's up to you.



Blue (Cool Wet):  From all accounts, very, very useless, even more so than the yellow.  As the name suggests, it just makes your hair look wet and greasy.  Frankly, water is better, cheaper, and runs from my tap

Final verdict: Whilst I do enjoy the Gatsby moving rubber range and do recommend it, there are heaps of other styling products out there so if you don't have access to a source of Gatsby, not to worry - there are cheaper, and arguably better products on the market.  Stay tuned !

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment